Sunday, November 30, 2008

A real "Farm Girl"




So all the men decided to try their hand at plowing. Naturally, my little Tami isn't going to be outdone by anyone--so she waits until last and then tells them she wants to give it a hand. These beasts are like, 20 times her size and she grabs the plow and the whip and outshines all the guys--her rows were straight, the oxen obeyed her at every turn!! She ended up plowing way more rows than any of the men. The unfortunate part was that when she was almost done, she stepped in the muddy water that they had started to flood the field with and got her shoe soaked. No problem-- there is a stream up the bank where she decided to rinse off her shoe. She started hobbling toward it with just her toe in the muddy shoe to keep her sock out of the goo and lost her balance just as she got there and reached out with her hand so she wouldn't fall over and shoved it right into a nasty cactus!! She had so many spines sticking out of her hand!!--some were really deep too. One of the village ladies came running over immediately and took her to her home whipped out a needle and started digging the spines out. She didn't get all of them and we ended up working and working back at the hotel to get the rest--some finally ended up coming out after the trip was all over back at home!

1 comment:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Those spines are nasty...I got a couple in my hand last month at the Mesa temple, when I was picking off the stuff that fell from the mesquite trees (it's the OCD in me, what can I say) and I bumped one and by reflex my hand went the other way and I got a bunch of them poked right into my palm. I tried to pull them out myself - those little buggers have quite a grip! I had to get Mark to yank them out for me. Ouch! But I like Your story better...