Sunday, November 30, 2008

Humanitarian aid rendered!










We had quite a trudge up a hill holding our little pine trees--(they felt like they weighed a hundred pounds in 12,000 foot elevation). As you can see by the pictures, the women in the village are not exactly small in girth, but they had no problem marching up the hill!! I was sucking air like no other!! We got to the place where the village has a plot of land to farm. We were instructed to plant the little trees in the holes that the men dug in the side of a bank above the plot of farm land. I thought I did a pretty good job, but after Alora and Tami were done planting their trees, the men came by to water them and when he got to mine, he shoved some more dirt on it--Oh well, I never said I was a farmer!!!
This is my little tree--
I thought he looked
pretty good!!
Hope he grows.......

No comments: