Friday, May 8, 2009

The busy Red Hens are a-working and HARD!!!







Today Mikin totally surprised me and came over bright and early to help in the garden! She and Cameron worked almost all day fixing the garden on the porch and weeding like crazy in the huge field garden!! Mikin is such a hard worker!! Nothing stops her--I am amazed and grateful for all the help.
The garden is growing and I was feeling pretty confident about it until Natalie told me that she knows two friends who have tomatoes much bigger than our little starts in the basement.
Maybe we should have planted earlier???? Gosh will I ever get the hang of this gardening thing??? Maybe a New Yorker is just genetically challenged not to ever grow green things, just concrete.......Aughhhhh!

3 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

you're still way ahead of us...we've yet to plant a seed!
:~D

Missy said...

Go Mikin! Man that girl doesn't slow down much does she!? I'm so impressed with all your starts and your Garden! So beautiful!

Tyler and Mikin Morton said...

You are way too gracious, Jennifer. It was nice to just be up there and spend time with the family and enjoy the SUN!